Research shows that the Black Friday phenomenon has grown faster in South Africa than any other country in the world. Last year, PriceCheck saw three times the number of dailyvisits to its online shopping comparison websiteon Black Friday, and twice the number on Cyber Monday, compared to its 2017 average. In addition, these visits were on average 30% longer than the 2017 average duration. See more in infographic here.
This year is likely to surpass that, with PayPal predicting that South Africans’online shopping spend will topR53 billion by the end of 2018, up from R37.1 billion in 2017. But as the South African online shopping market grows, providing more to choose from, shoppers should put a game plan in place to ensure they get the best deals from the most reliable, and secure retailers.
“I started PriceCheck in 2006 to solve exactly this shopping conundrum,” says Kevin Tucker, PriceCheck CEO. “How can I quickly and easily compare deals to make sure I am making the best decision? Then, how can I be sure I can trust the retailer before parting with my hard-earned cash?”
PriceCheck’s top tips for getting the best deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Have a plan. Know what you want, need and can afford before you get enticed by all the shiny offers in front of you.
- Choose a secure way to pay: credit card payments that ask you for a supplementary one-time PIN such as Verified by Visa; Snapscan; and PayPal are all good options.
- Take note of the delivery and return details. Will you get the purchase when you need it, and if you need to return it, will you end up paying more on delivery costs?
- Look out for hidden costs or additional purchases you might need to make.
- Compare deals: similar deals might be packaged slightly differently, so make sure you are comparing apples with apples.
- Only buy from reputable retailersso you can be sure you will receive authentic products.
And finally, to avoid FOMO and to be sure you get the best deals in town – often up to 80% off -visit acomparison service such as PriceCheck to see all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals in one place and click-through directly to get the deal before it sells out. As an added incentive, Black Friday deals run for an entire week on PriceCheck.
PriceCheck is South Africa’s biggest product discovery and comparison platform, listing millions of products from 700 merchants including: Makro, Clicks, Yuppiechef, Zando, Superbalist, Faithful to Nature, Cybercellar, BidorBuy, Loot, The Kidzone, FirstShop, PC Link Computers, Cape Union Mart, Nula Baby, Old Khaki and more. Last year the most popular categories were tech, fashion, toys and baby.
“While we do our best to encourage shoppers, in these tough economic times, to shop responsibly, when deals are as good as they are on Black Friday, sometimes you just can’t help yourself. So as Kevin from PriceCheck I say shop responsibly, but as Kevin the consumer and online shopper, I say ‘shop like you’ve never shopped before!’” says Tucker excitedly.
PriceCheck is Africa’s largest product discovery and comparison service showcasing an extensive range of products from South Africa’s favourite and most trusted stores. PriceCheck is the only place where consumers can see all the best deals aggregated in one place. It enables consumers to easily compare products and prices and to make educated buying decisions.
More on PriceCheck here.
For images click here.