It’s no secret that our world has literally turned upside down in the last couple of weeks and many businesses are struggling to navigate the current situation.
Communication is more important now… than it has ever been before.
Here are 10 tips to successful crisis communications to help you and your business get through this time:
- Acknowledge the situation we find ourselves in. Be accountable, transparent but most importantly be a human.
- Show empathy – we’re all in this together.
- Communicate more rather than less. This is not the time to go into hiding, it’s vital to keep people in the loop with where you are as a business and what you are doing to make things better for them.
- Keep all communication short and simple; stick to the facts.
- Address all your stakeholders – employees, suppliers, customers, clients and anyone else who is important to your organisation.
- Give them all the information they could possibly want – on all platforms possible.
- Focus on the positives but don’t make promises you can’t keep.
- Be proactive and plan communications for the worst (just in case.)
- Have one spokesperson, if at all possible the very top person at your organisation and make sure he/she is always available.
- Get help. You don’t have to be a hero and do it all yourself.
We are here to guide you. Let’s get through this together.
#crisiscommunication #pr #smallbusiness #covid19